I love brows as much as
Kanye loves Kanye!
What is miroblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent brow tattoo performed with a small handheld tool, using a feather stroke technique to produce the appearance of fuller eyebrows or to enhance the natural features of the face. Microblading is a softer/more subtle cosmetic tattoo than some of older methods. Body tattoos use ink while cosmetic tattoo procedures involve pigments. These pigments are designed to gently fade over time. Fading is desired as it allows the artist to make changes to color and shape over the years as client’s natural coloration and facial changes occur.
How much does microblading cost?
Microblading initial session is $595 and your 6-8 week touch up is $175 to complete the brow. This is a two step process as we need your brows to full heal before adding another layer of strokes. After you have your initial session and touch up completed, your annual 6-9 month color boost is $375.
What is microshading?
Also known as a combo brow, microshading combines the microblading strokes with the use of a tattoo gun that adds shading in-between each stroke to give a more filled in and powdery look.
How much does microshading cost?
Microshading initial session is $695 and your 6-8 touchup is $250. After you have your initial session and touch up completed, your annual 6-9 month color boost is $450.
What does the whole process entail?
When you first arrive, we will apply a topical lidocaine numbing agent and have you numb for about 15 minutes so the procedure is completely comfortable for you. Karri will then go over expectations, life with brows and aftercare and answer questions. From there she will map out your orbital structure and design brow that fits YOUR face! She is able to use her artistic abilities to design a brow to your liking, whether you’re looking for a natural brow, or something bigger and bolder. She will then find the perfect shade of your natural hair color. You will approve the shape and color before she begins, and from there the procedure itself is only about 20 minutes! She will add the first layer of fine, hair like strokes inside the brow she has designed. After that first set of strokes have healed, we will bring you back for your touch-up 4-6 weeks later where she will add another layer of strokes in-between the ones that have healed to complete your brow and touch up anything that might not healed properly the first time.
Am I going to look completely crazy while I heal?
The first 5 days after microblading will be the most bold stage of the healing process as the pigment on the skin is oxidizing and darkens before flaking off.
Fresh brows will look a lot different than fully healed brows! As the brows heal, the lines will slightly expand and are lighter, slightly fuzzy, and softer looking. As the color settles into the skin it tends to heal a bit cooler than when first applied.
Do Results Vary for Every Client?
Yes – color retention and overall results are different for each individual. Factors such as sun exposure, skin type, aftercare, lifestyle and skin tone determine how your brows heal.
OILY SKIN – tends to ‘push out’ the ink quicker, and may need more frequent touch ups and heal extra powdery. For oily skinned clients, we usually recommend a dry heal where they are instructed to NOT use the tattoo goo, and are asked to blot their brows often with oil blotting sheets. Oily skinned clients will see fading faster in their brows and usually return around the 6 month mark for their color boost.
DARKER SKIN – will have less contrast and may heal even more powdery or solid looking than lighter tones. The darker the skin tone, the less detail you will see.
MATURE SKIN – is very fine, delicate and thin. It tends to heal more powdery and lines can heal on the thicker side. Results are very unpredictable. If you are over 60 years old, effects are far more fuzzy and powdery, due to the reduced elasticity and low collagen in the skin and results are unpredictable.
The final results are not guaranteed to replace makeup- you may still need to use a pencil or powder to create your own unique, desired look. The ultimate goal is to have natural looking, balanced brows.
Do I need to remove my natural brow hair to get this done?
No! Please don’t! This technique actually looks best when theres natural hair in place. It creates a more realistic look when layered with the texture of your own hair. If your brows need shaped before your appointment, we recommend booking a wax with their artist to maintain proper balance. Clients can wax no later than 3 days before their procedure as the warm wax opens the pores and does not allow the pigment to be properly placed.
What is the aftercare for microblading?
- Avoid wetting eyebrows during the first two weeks of the healing process. If they do get wet, gently pat them dry.
- Avoid the sun and tanning. Sun damage can not only interrupt your skin’s healing process, but also prematurely fade the pigment.
- Avoid swimming, saunas, hot yoga and profuse sweating for the first 2 weeks, as body perspiration can prematurely push out pigment and effect retention.
- Do not rub, touch or pick your brows during the healing process. Like conventional tattoos, the brows can become itchy. If itchy, clients are advised to gently tap the brows.
- Reapply healing balm morning and at night. Client’s should not remove previous healing balm with water or makeup wipe. For client’s with oily skin, the artist may recommend a dry heal without any healing balm as well as oil blotting pads to absorb excess oil on the skin. The natural oils on the client’s skin will be enough to keep the brows moist throughout the healing process.
- Here is a helpful article with more details: link here
Is there anything I should do before my microblading appointment?
- Do not consume blood thinners, alcohol, caffeine, or pain killers prior to your microblading procedure. Doing so may result in extra sensitivity or bleeding.
- Must have botox performed either 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after microblading. It is recommended to get microbladed first. Any injections performed less than two weeks before can increase the chance that the Botox has not settled yet and can change the correct mapping of your brows.
- If a client wishes to wax their brows beforehand, they must do so no less than 3 days before microblading. We cannot wax or tweeze your brows at your microblading appointment, as the warm wax can open your pores too much for the pigment to properly settle in the skin. We will use a dermaplane blade to remove any hair outside of the mapped microbladed area.
Who should avoid permanent makeup?
Read this helpful article: link here
Lip Blushing Faq
What is Lip Blushing?
It is a lip tattoo that enhances and defines your lips. It can help enhance and even out natural color, or add color if you are lacking any pigment. Your lips will look darker and more like lipstick on the first day, and soften as they heal to become a subtle, natural looking lip tint.
How long does it last?
Results will always vary from person to person, after your initial session and the touch up, your results should last between 2-5 years. Additional touch ups may be required depending on the person and look desired. Permanent makeup ink is not the same as body art ink, and by design it does not last as long as body art ink.
How much does it cost?
Lip blushing is $475 for the initial session and $250 for your 6-8 week touchup. Once you have your initial session and touch up completed, a lip blushing color boost is $375,.
Do I have to still wear lipstick? Will other lipstick colors look different on top of lip blushing?
This is up to the look each individual is trying to achieve. The colors we tattoo with are natural and intended to look very natural. We can certainly enhance your natural color or add color if your lacking, or add a specific tint that your looking for, but it remains soft and natural. That way when you do decide to change it up and want to wear lipstick it will still look great over top, and can cover you tattoo with whatever color we decide to use.
What should I know before my lip blushing appointment?
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oils, vitamin E, niacin, or drink excessive alcohol at least 48 hours prior to and after your procedure.
- Do not take any prescription blood thinners at least 48 hours prior to and after your procedure.
- Discontinue any vitamin A skin care products (Retin-A, retinols) close to the enhancement area at least two weeks prior to your procedure. **I recommend NOT using these products over or around the tattooed area after you receive your cosmetic tattoo. It could cause fading and distortion of color.**
- Discontinue use of AHA (chemical exfoliation) skin care products close to the area to be tattooed at least one week prior to your procedure.
- No laser or electrolysis on or around the treatment area one week prior to procedure.
- No Botox or fillers in the procedure area less than one week prior.
- Plan trips or events a minimum of 14 days after the procedure. Due to unwanted elements Limit the amount of caffeine you consume the morning of your appointment.
- Do not have any chemical peels, dermabrasions, mesotherapy, or any other intense treatments which will cause faster skin cell rejuvenating and cause skin irritation 3-4 weeks before procedure.
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- It is highly recommended that you avoid SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your booking fee. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
Who should avoid permanent makeup?
Read this helpful article: link here
What is the aftercare?
Here is a helpful article with more details: link here
What is Permanent Eyeliner?
Permanent eyeliner frames the eyes and can make eyelashes appear thicker, darker and fuller. It may eliminates the need to apply eyeliner with makeup. It can enhance the shape or balance the symmetry of your eyes, create the illusion of larger eyes, or affect how the spacing of the eyes is perceived. Permanent eyeliner can also enhance or intensify eye color and make eyes appear brighter.
For those who prefer a more natural look, eyeliner is applied along the base of the lashes making it appear as though you have full and thick lashes. For those who desire a more dramatic look, Stardust Eyeliner will be a thicker “smokier”.
How much does eyeliner cost?
A basic lash enhancement or water liner initial session is $400. A stardust or winged liner initial session is $525. Your 6-8 week touch up appointment is $250.
What will I look like immediately after?
There will be swelling typically for the first 24-48 hours. While the swelling starts going down right away and most people are back to normal by the following morning, plan on 48 hours of staying low key to be safe! The color will appear darker the first week, but will gradually lighten and may possibly scab.
What are the pre-care instructions?
- Please do not wear any eye makeup to your appointment.
- Contacts should be removed prior to procedure and refrain from wearing them for a minimum of 4 hours after procedure is finished.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Vitamin C or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure.
- Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure.
- Do not have eyelash extensions. You must have your eyelash extensions removed one week prior to coming in for your permanent eyeliner appointment.
- Do not use Latisse for a minimum of 3 months prior to the procedure. Other lash serums must be discontinued for a minimum of 1 month prior to the procedure. The reason is that those types of serums are very harsh on the eyelids and make your lids quite fragile for cosmetic tattooing. As a result, your eyelids will bleed and bruise. You may resume using lash serum 2-4 weeks after the touch up appointment.
What are the post-care instructions?
- Please do not wear any eye makeup for 1 week following the procedure.
- You will be given lint-free wipes soaked in distilled water to take home with you. Please wipe your eyelid area once per hour for the first 3 hours.
- Apply ice as often as you’d like to reduce swelling, but make sure it is wrapped in a towel.
- You may apply a thin layer of the given ointment to the lash line if necessary on day 2 and 3.
- If the area starts to flake, leave it. Do not pick or peel off the skin.
- Keep your hand clean and avoid touching the treated areas.
- For at least 1 week avoid excessive sweating, sun tanning, swimming, steam rooms.
- Keep your eye area as dry as possible for the first week.
- Pigments will slowly fade over time according to one’s metabolism, skin type, sun exposure, medication, and lifestyle. Schedule maintenance visits to keep it looking fresh.
- Here is a great article with more tips on aftercare: link here
Is there anyone who is not a candidate?
Clients who are:
- Pregnant or nursing
• Under the age of 18
• Have viral infections/diseases
• Have a pacemaker or major heart problems
• Have had an organ transplant
• Tendency towards keloids or scarring
• Have skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
• Have used Accutane or Doxycycline in the past year
• Allergic to anesthetic (Lidocaine)
Read this helpful article: link here
HOW DOES BOTOX WORK?
Botox is a neuromodulator (form of botulinum toxin type A) that is injected into targeted treatment areas using an ultra-fine needle. It works by blocking the nerve signals needed for facial muscles to contract. It’s the repetitious contraction of facial muscles that causes expression lines and wrinkles. Once injected, the neuromodulator relaxes the muscles and decreases their movement to reduce the appearance of lines or wrinkles in the area. You will see your results gradually over 3-7 days following injection.
WHAT AREAS OF THE FACE CAN BE TREATED WITH BOTOX?
Botox can be used to address lines and wrinkles on a number of different facial areas, including the forehead, eye area (crow’s feet), and lip lines. It may be injected to soften dimpling of the chin. Botox can also be injected into the muscles of the jaw to help alleviate pain from teeth grinding or TMJ or for a jaw slimming effect. Some of these treatment areas may be considered off-label.
WHAT DOES A BOTOX TREATMENT FEEL LIKE?
Botox treatments are quick with minimal discomfort. The treatment requires no anesthesia or recovery time. Many people get Botox during their lunch hours and are able to return to work right after their appointment.
IS BOTOX PAINFUL?
The procedure is not considered painful. Most patients report a brief period of discomfort during the injection, which does not persist once the procedure is complete.
HOW SOON WILL I SEE RESULTS?
While the experience of each patient may differ, it usually takes 3-5 days to see the effects of Botox. For some, it may take up to 2 weeks to realize the final effects.
HOW LONG DOES BOTOX LAST?
The results of Botox typically last between 3-5 months from the date of injection. Over time the body metabolizes the Botox, leading to the slow return of muscle movement in the treatment area. Patients can choose to maintain their Botox results for longer periods by undergoing periodic maintenance treatments every 3-4 months.
WHEN SHOULD I START GETTING BOTOX?
Some patients may wonder if they are ‘too young’ or ‘too old’ to try Botox. There is no right or wrong age to start using Botox. Patients should be evaluated and receive a consult by a medical professional prior to treatment. Many millennials are starting to using Botox in their twenties when they first start to notice lines and wrinkles or as a preventative measure.
IS BOTOX SAFE?
Yes, Botox is an FDA approved treatment for reversing lines and wrinkles. However, patients who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have certain neurological diseases should not receive Botox treatments.
SHOULD I DO ANYTHING TO PREPARE FOR THE TREATMENT?
A week before the treatment most physicians will advise patients to stop consuming alcohol or taking medications or supplements that thin the blood like aspirin, ibuprofen, Gingko Biloba, or Ginseng. This will help minimize bruising after the procedure.
ARE THERE SIDE EFFECTS?
Side effects from a Botox treatment may include bruising, swelling, redness, or tenderness around the injection site, all of which will resolve without intervention after a few days to a week.
I don’t need a motivational quote.
I need botox!
What is JUVÉDERM®?
JUVÉDERM® is the world’s leading brand of hyaluronic acid (HA) facial fillers.*
JUVÉDERM® products blends into the tissue, which may contribute to the natural look and feel assessed, as a result of treatment.
Each JUVÉDERM® facial filler is designed for a particular purpose, whether it’s to treat fine or deep lines/folds, restore facial volume for a lifting effect, or reshape and redefine the lips. Your healthcare practitioner may suggest several treatments from the JUVÉDERM® range to create a tailored treatment plan for you.
JUVÉDERM® is made by Allergan, the world leader in medical aesthetics. Allergan has over 60 years of experience in stringent product manufacturing. Our range of JUVÉDERM® facial fillers is made using innovative technology
Can JUVÉDERM® facial fillers look and feel natural?
Our patented technology allows JUVÉDERM® facial fillers to blend with the tissue under the skin to keep you looking like you, whether you’re smiling, laughing or frowning.
During consultation, your healthcare practitioner will look at your face whilst it’s still (static) and moving (dynamic) to make sure they’re able to give you a result you’ll be happy with.
How long will my JUVÉDERM® treatment last?
Results with JUVÉDERM® can last up to 9–24 months, depending on the particular JUVÉDERM® filler and the areas treated.*
JUVÉDERM® filler treatments are temporary and so you will need retreatment. If you decide not to have any more treatment, it will naturally be absorbed into your body, and the effects will fade away.
What are the potential side effects of treatment?
Potential side effects associated with JUVÉDERM® products include temporary injection-site reactions such as:
These reactions may occur immediately or may be delayed, and can last for up to a week. Injection in the lip may cause more swelling and bruising due to the unique physiology of this area. As with any injection, there is a risk of infection. This is not a complete list of side effects. If inflammatory reactions persist for more than one week, or if any other side effects develop, seek medical attention as soon as possible
Tattoo Removal Faq
What is the Tattoo Removal Technique Using Needles TR88®?
The Tattoo Remoov™ Technique by Linda Paradis is a non-laser method of removing tattoos using the non-invasive patented needles TR88® created by the Linda Paradis Group. It does not require anesthesia due to minor discomfort, does not cause bleeding or inflammation and does not create scars. The Tattoo Removal product is composed of neither acid or saline solutions, and it has a basic Ph of 9.5. The training in the Tattoo Remoov™ technique is available for PMU professionals with experience.
What are the ingredients of the Tattoo Remoov™ solution?
- Zinc Oxide;
- Magnesium Oxide;
- Calcium Oxide;
- Benzoic Acid (This is not an acid. It is a preservative for cosmetic products);
- Deionized Water;
- Food and Cosmetic Molecule
How does the technique work?
The back and forth movement of the patented needles TR88® on the skin deeply exfoliates the stratum corneum (the layer of the epidermis consisting of dead cells) and elevates the temperature of the water in the skin. The needles TR88® scratch the skin just enough without cutting it due to the round square needle concept created by Linda Paradis. The elevation of the water temperature in the skin generates an invisible evaporation of the water inside of the skin, causing the tattoo removal product to be sucked inside of the dermis since the tattoo removal product consists of 30% of water. Once the Tattoo Remoov™ serum is inside of the dermis it recognizes the ferric oxide of the pigment molecules which are also inside of the dermis, causing the pigment to come out of the dermis. The pigment then comes out of the skin and up to the surface because of the elevation in temperature without cutting the skin. Thus, the procedure is non-invasive.
How much does Tattoo Remoov cost?
The initial Tattoo Remoov session is $250. Any additional touch ups after are $150.
Can I perform the technique in any person?
Yes, the procedure can be safely performed in any type of skin; however, just like in most beauty procedures, the Tattoo Remoov™ cannot be performed in pregnant or breastfeeding women, individuals going through chemo or radio therapy, immune deficient individuals, as well as individuals with advanced diabetes unless express consent from their doctor has been given.
Can I remove any tattoos or any colors?
The Tattoo Remoov™ technique using needles TR88® safely removes any colors of cosmetic or body tattoo as well as hair scalp tattoos.
How many sessions are necessary to complete remove a tattoo?
The amount of sessions depends on the person’s age and type of skin, the person’s immune system, the age and depth of the tattoo, as well as the type of pigment that was used. There are tattoos that are easily removed with some sessions, and other types of tattoos might take up to 8 sessions or more. There is no way of predicting how many sessions an individual will need.
What to expect after a Tattoo Remoov™ procedure using needles TR88®?
Immediately after the procedure the individual’s skin might appear slightly red, however, the redness disappears shortly thereafter or within a day. Minor swelling or discomfort might also appear. However, most individuals go out and about with their normal lives without any interruptions if the aftercare protocol is properly followed. As with most beauty procedures, the individual must not apply any makeup on the treated area for at least 7 days and should avoid sun tanning or swimming.
Why should I choose Tattoo Remoov™ over other techniques?
Choosing the right method to work with or what to offer to your clients is a very personal choice. However, the Tattoo Remoov™ technique is a natural and safe way to remove tattoos since the product contains no harmful or harsh ingredients and the healing time is rather fast when compared to other methods. Also, this method is non-aggressive, non-laser, non-invasive and doesn’t require anesthesia of any type.